A great addition to any meal that needs a tangy veggie side dish. The gentle sour taste of the sumac along with the lime juice makes simple salad into a refreshing delicacy.
- 1 Napa cabbage
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 1 can (240g) butter beans in brine
- 3 tsp Olive or sunflower oil
- A Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 large tomato
- A Pinch of Sumac
- 1In a very large bowl, chop in the cabbage into 1cm slices, separating the leaves so they absorb the dressing. make sure to thoroughly wash the cabbage and drain excess water.
- 2Chop the chilli pepper, the tomato and add to the the bowl.
Juice the lime directly onto the chopped leaves. add the salt.
- 3On a skillet or in a toaster over, roast the sunflower seeds until they are brown.
Drain the can of the butter beans and rinse from excess
- 4Add the soy sauce, oil, sumac and beans to the bowl and mix thoroughly.