Who doesn’t love fried chicken? Having major cravings this Quarantine, I decided to make it myself along with french fries and coleslaw. Its a quick and easy recipe.
- 1 whole chicken piece with skin or without
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or more
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (optional I like it spicy)
- For the flour mix:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1Marinate chicken with all the above ingredients except the flour mix ingredients overnight.
- 2Before frying, coat the chicken with the flour mixture once. Then do a second round as the mixture gets dissolved and you won’t get the crispy texture.
- 3Deep Fry on medium heat. Just put three pieces of chicken, don’t put all the chicken pieces at once. Let it fry for about 5 to 10 minutes on each side or till golden brown.
- 4Serve with fries and coleslaw.