Banana chips are one of the popular snack in south India. Freshly fried chips are the best to have, one can not stop himsellf munching on them, they are simply irresistible. Selecting the right bananas makes a great difference. Its onam time and the market has full of raw kerala bananas. Select the banana which is dark green as they are fully raw. If you buy light green ones they are in the process of ripping and they will be hard to slice as it has already become soft and you will end up in sweet chips because of its sugar content. Do try this you will surely forget the store bought chips which is not fresh.
- 3 raw Kerala bananas/ nendra bananas
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- 1Select dark green colour bananas as light green tum out to be ripe at times. Peel thier skin out.
- 2Now take 1/2'cup of water add 1/2tsp turmeric powder and 1 tsp salt in it mix and set aside .
- 3Heat oil in a kadai. Meanwhile slice the peeled bananas into thin circles with a help of a slicer or by knife . If u can manage to directly slice the bananas over the hot oil it would be great. But its optional.
- 4Now as your chips are frying sprinkle the turmeric water over them around 2 tbsp on each batch. Yes you have read it right we are adding the water in the oil while they are frying. Now when they turn nicely crisp remove them in a paper towel and let it cool completely before you store in an airtight container.