Beetroot cutlet is a easy and a tasty snack which has the goodness of beetroot and other veggies which you can easily feed your fussy kids. Its a colourful and a healthy snack. This recipe was provided by my dear co-sister Shameem, she had made it and had sent to me with some yam chutney which tasted delicious. The recipe of the yam chutney will soon follow. We all instantly liked the cutlets and i requested her for the recipe. Do try it and leave a feed back.
- Beetroot medium 1,
- Carrot 1
- Potato 1 medium
- French beans 4
- 2 tbsp fresh or frozen green peas
- 1/4tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2inch cinnamon stick
- 1/4tsp fennel seeds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4tsp coriander seeds
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tbsp of fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Maida 2 tbsp
- Breadcrumbs 1/2 cup
- 1Boil all the veggies with 2 tbsp of water for 3 whistles in a pressure cooker. We dont too much water because your vegetables will be soggy and Cutlets will be very soft . The vegetables have thier own water so it will release its water.
- 2Grind together cinnamon stick, fennel, garlic,coriander seeds , coriander leaves, green chilli. To a fine paste with very little water.
- 3In 1 tbsp oil fry the chopped onion till translucent add masala paste fry for couple of minutes add the boiled vegetables and salt mix them all up and mash it up well . Now make Cutlets out of them. If you feel your mixture is very soft add rice powder around 1 to 2 tbsp.
- 4Take 2 tbsp of maida mix it with very little water to make a thin batter dip each cutlet in the batter and roll it in the breadcrumbs . Shallow fry the cutlets on both the sides. Serve it hot with ketchup or chutney .