Bruschetta is a very popular starter dish from Italy consisting of grilled bread rubbed with garlic and topped with olive oil and salt and tomatoes. Bruschetta is usually served as a snack or appetizer. When ever you feel like having a light dinner, this is a ideal dish which can be accompanied with a hot piping soup. Do give it a try.
- 1 french baguette
- 3 firm tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic + 1 clove
- 5 tbsp olive oil +2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Basil fresh handfull or dry 1 tsp
- Parmesan cheese 1/3cup
- 1Wash and cut the tomatoes in to half remove all the seeds and chop it up finely into tiny cubes. Drain off all the excess water. Add fresh finely chopped basil or dry .
- 2Grate the garlic and add it into the tomatoes followed by salt,pepper and vinegar. Add olive oil 2 tbsp. Mix it up your topping is ready.
- 3Cut the french loaf into 1 inch thick pieces diagonally. Mix 5 tbsp olive oil with 1clove of grated garlic. With the help of a brush rub this oil on both sides of the sliced loaf. Now top it up with shredded parmesan cheese. Now Bake it at 180 c for 5 mts or till golden brown. We want them crisp.
- 4Now it's time to serve . Top each toast with the tomato topping we have prepared you can drizzle some olive oil on top and serve immediately.