Colombian coffee mousse cake is the most easiest desert one can make it's so quick and tasty specially for all those coffee lovers. I have learnt this recipe decades ago and after making repeated number of times I completely forgot about it untill I started this blog where I started hunting my old recipes, so here I am sharing with you this recipe. There is no hard and fast rule to make it only in a springform but can be beautifully presented in a small desert bowls. If you are a coffee lover you can also increase the amount of coffee powder. You can also increase or decrease the amount of sweetness by adding more condensed milk. Do try this quick and easy recipe
- Instant Coffee 1 tbsp
- Digestive biscuits 7
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Unflavoured Gelatin 1 and half tbsp or 10 gms.
- Cream 250 gms
- Condensed milk 3/4 of one tin or more
- 1In a chopper crush the biscuits and add melted butter and again mix it up well .
- 2Grease and line a 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan (with a removable base) with butter .
- 3Transfer the biscuits into the springform Spread evenly and press firmly onto the bottom. Cover and refrigerate it for half an hour . If any one of you doesn't have this mould then no worries you can still make it in a normal desert bowl it's just that you wont get the cake shape.
- 4In 1cup hot water dissolve the coffe powder and let it cool completely .
- 5In 2 tbsp hot water dissolve gelatin till smooth and no lumps.
- 6In a blender add cooled coffee, cream , gelatin, and required amount of condensed milk as per your taste. Now add this mixture into the biscuit base slowly. Now allow it to set overnight.
- 7Once set loosen the sides with a knife and carefully remove the springform . Dust chocolate powder on top . Cut slices and serve . Enjoy.