Cholay masala has always been my families favourite specially for a Friday morning breakfast which is accompanied with halwa and parata, which is a Pakistani delicacy. Chana batura is another delicacy from north India which we fondly enjoy when it comes to cholay. Today i am sharing you a very different creamy version of chickpeas. Do try it its finger licking good. Do leave a feedback.
- Oil ¼ cup
- Onion finely chopped 1 large
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Tomatoes 2 medium
- Chickpea 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Cream 1/2cup
- Milk 1/4 cup
- Correct leaves chopped handful
- 1Soak 1 cup chickpeas overnight. Pressure cook it with a little salt and 2 cups of water till done.
- 2In pot,add oil and onion,fry until translucent.
Add cumin seeds and mix, take 2 tomatoes and puree it in a blenderor a chopper add this into the pan , add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
Add red chili powder,turmeric powder, garam masala powder,salt and mix well.
Add cooked chickpeas and the remaining stock water of the cooked chickpeas mix well and cover & cook for 4-5 minutes.
Add cream and milk,mix well,cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with fresh coriander leaves. Serve it with batura or puries.