As I am going through my diary which remained untouched from a long time now . I am finding old forgotten recipes which i am happy discovering these days all thanks to my blog . Today i tried this minty carrot and raisin salad and we all loved it and here i am sharing it with you.
Carrots are a particularly good source many vitamins and antioxidants. They also have a number of health benefits. They're a weight-loss-friendly food and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health which i have been hearing from childhood. On the other hand raisins are packed with energy and rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. In fact, raisins can aid digestion, boost iron levels, and keep your bones strong. So why wait go ahead and make this bowl of goodness and do leave your feedback.
- Thickly grated carrots 2 large
- Mint leaves thinly shredded 1/4cup
- Walnuts 1/4cup broken
- Raisins black and golden 1/2 cup
- Black or green olives 1/4cup
- Lemon juice 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder 1 tsp
- Green chillies finely chopped 1
- Honey 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black salt 1/4tsp
- Olive oil 4 to 5 tbsp
- 1Take a grated with bigger holes to grate the carrots. I used a food processor with bigger holes than the regular grater as i dint want my carrots to be mushy and leave a lot of water. In case you dont have the bigger holes grater use the regular ones but add the dressing just before serving to avoid it to become mushy.
- 2Chopp the mint leaves finely so that it gets well incorporated with the carrots. Combine walnuts ,raisins and olives. Keep it refrigerated.
- 3Make a dressing in a separate bowl with finely chopped chillies (so that it blends well with the carrots and one cant feel its spicy level) peper powder, salt , black salt , lemon juice, honey and olive oil. Mix well and keep it aside. Mix it only before serving. Enjoy the reflection minty salad