A simple delicious mutton recipe which can be served with parotta or as a side dish for daal and rice . Try to use coconut oil which will give a very unique and authentic flavour.
- 500 gms mutton preferably boneless
- 200 gms shallots
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp or more
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Fennel/ saunf powder 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Tomato chopped 1 large
- Cinnamon 2 sticks
- Cloves 8
- Cardamom green
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Coconut oil 2+ 3 tbsp
- 1/4cup of sliced coconut pieces
- Garlic 5cloves
- Fennel seeds / saunf 1 tsp
- Curry leaves 5 springs
- 1Marinate the mutton with red chilli powder, turmeric, salt , saunf powder, tomato chopped, ginger garlic paste , coriander powder and 2 tbsp of refined oil. Set aside for 30 mts.
- 2Now in a pan cook the mutton with 2 cups of water untill done . You can cook it up in a pressure cooker too but add less water.
- 3In another pan put 3 tbsp of coconut oil and add the Cardamom, cinnamon and cloves when they sputter add shallots sliced fry till golden brown. Toss in the cooked mutton and fry for 10 mts the colour will change from red to deep red. We dont water any liquid at this stage its should be thick gravy. Adjust the red chilli if you like it more spicy and salt .Now for the tempering in another pan heat 2 tbsp of coconut oil add coconut slices , garlic slices , saunf and curry leaves . When the coconut turns light golden add the mutton into it and give a nice mix and cook for further 2 mts garnish with coriander leaves. Serve it with parotta or dosas.