Throughout my life I have always given preference to pista along all the nuts as many of you might also do. As a child when my mom used to take us to a icecream parlor for a treat I used to prefer a pista slab rather than chocolate or strawberry icecream as most of the kids used to do. I was so much in love with pista even till now. Today I am sharing with you pista cupcakes recipe with lots of chopped pistachio which you will enjoy with every bite. If you are calorie conscious then you can skip the frosting but I recommend it for your cheat days. If in case you dont have cupcake liner then pour it into a cake mould a serve it as a cake. But do try it.
- Unsalted Butter 115gms or 1/2cup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Eggs 2
- All purpose flour 1&1/2 cups
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder 1 &1/2 tsp
- Cornflour 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Pista 1/2cup
- Milk 1/2cup
- Green colour 1/4tsp
- Ingredients for frosting
- Unsalted butter 1/4cup or 60 gms
- Vanilla essence 1/2tsp
- Icing sugar 1 cup
- Cream 2 tbsp
- 1Keep all your ingredients in the room temperature. Take all the dry ingredients together and sift them once or twice so that they become light ,which helps cake to rise well. Chop the pista as per your desired size. Now take 4 tbsp of the dry flour mixture and mix the chopped pista in it ( reserve few for garnish) This step is to avoid the sinking of the nuts on the base of the cake . Re heat the oven 180 deg for 10 mts
Once the butter is softened beat it along with sugar till creamy which will take 3 mts. Add eggs one by one. Beat it till smooth.
- 2Add vanilla essence and green colour and milk mix it up . Add the dry ingredients in batches so that they mix up well . Now it the end with the help of a spatula fold the flour coated pista into the batter.
- 3Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups to about 2/3 full as they will rise up. Incase you dont have muffins cups bake it as a cake but they will take more time to bake than the small cupcakes.
- 4Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Cool in the muffin cups for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5Method for frosting;
Beat the room temperature butter and icing sugar together till creamy add essence and couple of drops of green colour and cream beat it till smooth and creamy. Your frosting is ready. Pipe the frosting over the cooled cupcakes. (Excuse me for the messy frosting as it was done by my kids).Garnish with chopped pista. Enjoy.