Russian salad is a combination of vegetables , fruits and dry fruits combined with mayonnaise and cream which is very popular with the kids who usually make a fuss while eating the same when given to them in thier healthy form.When you run out of ideas for any side dishes for your daily lunch do try this . Im sure you will like it.
- 1 medium potato
- Carrot cubed 1/2cup
- French Beans chopped in 1 inch pc 1/2cup
- Green pean 1/4cup
- Corn 1/2cup ( frozen /tinned)
- Apple chopped 1/2
- Pineapple chunks 1/2 cup (i used tinned)
- Walnuts 1/4 cup chopped
- Raisins 4 tbsp
- Mayonnaise 3 to 4 tbsp
- Cream 3 to 4 tbsp
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Salt pinch
- Pepper powder pinch
- 1Boil the carrots, potatoes and beans upto 90%done in a pot. As we dont want them to be overcooked and mushy. If you are using fresh peas and corns boil them separately. I used frozen
- 2In bowl,add mayonnaise,cream ( try to used less mayonnaise and cream and we just want to give a coating for the veggies),caster sugar,salt,black pepper powder and mix well.
Add pineapples,apples,vegetables boiled,raisins and walnuts,mix well.
Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve.