Smoked Tandoori fish curry a nice smoky flavorful fish curry with a simple steamed rice to make your lunch complete. Try making this with any big fish varieties like king fish , pompret or any other you desire without many bones. Giving the charcoal flavour to the fish enhances the dish. So try not to skip that step. Do try and enjoy and leave a feed back. This recipe is adapted from food fusion.
- Fish 500 gms ( king fish/ black pomfret)
- Turmeric powder 1/2tsp +1/2tsp
- Tandoori masala 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Salt 1/2tsp
- Charcoal pc 1
- Tomatoes 2 medium
- 1 inch ginger
- Garlic 5 cloves
- Onions 2 large
- 1 green chilli
- Yoghurt 4 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp or less
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Coriander powder 1/2 tbsp
- 1/4cup Mustard oil
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Peppercorns 1/4tsp
- Black Cardamom 1
- Cloves 4
- Cinnamon stick 1 inch
- 1 tbsp kasoori methi
- Chopped coriander leaves handfull
- 1Wash the fish well and drain all the excess water. In a small bowl mix haldi , salt ,
2 tbsp tandoori masala . Apply this powder evenly on each fish piece and allow it to marinate for half an hour.
- 2Meanwhile heat a charcoal piece over the gas flame untill red hot now carefully with a help of a tong place this in a small bowl and keep it in between the fish pieces and pour a tbsp of oil over it when it starts smoking cover the fish with a lid so that all that smoke gets infused into those fish pieces. Let it rest there for 10 mts untill there is no more smoke .
- 3In a pan put mustard oil and heat it till smoke point and then add the fish pcs and fry both sides till nice cooked dont overcook.
- 4In a chopper add ginger garlic , green chili and onions chop then very fine like a paste , set aside Puree the tomatoes into a fine paste separately. Set aside
- 5Take yoghurt in a bowl mix tandoori masala 1 tbsp , turmeric powder 1/2tspcumin powder 1 tsp , red chili powder, garam masala powder , coriander powder mix well set aside.
- 6In the same pan you fried fish add 2 tbsp normal oil and add zeera , peppercorns , cloves , cardamom , cinnamon stick fry well add the onions paste we prepared any fry well till it starts to become golden then add yoghurt mixture fry for another couple of minutes. Add prepared tomato puree and mix well Cover and cook for 5 mts till oil is released . Add 1 cup of water and salt mix well add crushed kasoori methi mix and then add fried fish cover and cook for couple of minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with steamed white rice or roti.