Sweet potato parathas are a great power packed breakfast options which tastes great and so easy to make unlike aloo paratha which needs to be filled and the filling oozing out from the sized and making things messy. This paratha is easy to roll as the filling is directly added to knead the dough without adding extra water . These parathas doesn't require any side dish it can be either enjoyed plain as its naturally sweet or with a dash of yogurt. Do try it.
- 2 sweet potatoes/ 500 gms
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Wheat flour 2 cups or more
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Oil 2tsp
- Ghee as required
- Salt to taste
- Asfeotida / hing 1/4 tsp
- 1Wash and boil the sweet potatoes in enough of water until that they are cooked completely. Peel and chop them into pieces.
- 2In a pan add oil and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and asfeotida after a minute add the cubed sweet potatoes and saute them add salt and turmeric powder. Mix it . If your potatoes are not very soggy add 1/4 cup water if not leave it as it is. This is because we want a little moisture in the potatoes and not very dry. With a help of a masher mash it up to smooth. Now set aside to cool .
- 3Once cooled add wheat flour into the potatoes and knead it Without adding water as the moisture in the potatoes is enough for knead the dough. In case it is not enough add very little water. Make a smooth dough and set aside for 10 mts.
- 4Now take a small lemon size balls and roll it like a chapati to the desired size and cook it in a hot tawa on both sides. These parathas cook very fast so be extra careful to avoid burning,drizzle ghee and serve hot with yogurt.