Today I demonstrated this recipe to my granddaughter while on FaceTime.
Feel free to add corn kernels or any veggies of your choice. Sometimes I add shredded Edam cheese.
The pink sauce is made of mayonnaise and ketchup.
It’s simple enough for a quick snack or for brunch.
- 1 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup almond milk (room temperature)
- 1 whole egg
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1/2 cup of cooking corn oil ready in a non-stick frying pan
- 1Simply beat the egg with the salt and set aside.
- 2Mix the cornmeal with the milk and butter until soft. The mix should be runny but not liquid.
- 3Third, blend in the egg into the milk mixture.
- 4Last, set the pan with the oil on the stove at high heat and carefully pour spoonfuls of the mix to fry for about one minute on each side or until golden brown. Avoid over cooking. Take out each Tortita from the oil and set it on a flat plate lined with paper towel to absorb the excess oil.