I call this dish, egg bound, because the eggs bind the ingredients together like a rubber band.
You can use any fresh veggies and seasonings.
- 2 organic eggs, beaten with salt and black pepper
- 2 cups of fresh three color peppers, diced or in strips
- 1 cup Spanish onions, diced
- 1 or 2 ripe plantains (“Maduros”), fresh or frozen, fried and mashed.
- Optional: strips of turkey ham, bacon, or any cold cut of choice
- 4 slices of low fat provolone cheese
- 1Mash the sweet plantains, then set aside.
- 2In a nonstick skillet, sauté the peppers with the onion. Add any cook meat pieces(optional). Remove from skillet.
- 3Cover the bottom of the skillet with the mashed plantain. Then spread all the sautéed peppers, onion, and meats on top of the plantain.
- 4Pour the egg mixture, evenly over the peppers. Set heat to medium and cover tightly. Allow 5-7 minutes for the egg mix to cook completely. Watch closely as not to overcook the egg.
- 5Uncover, layer the provolone to cover the cooked egg. Cover for one minute or until it melts as seen in the photo. Serve warm!