I rarely eat meat, but when I do I eat very little because it’s so filling. As you can see in my plate there’s garlic bread and steamed broccoli. A sauce of butter and onion serves as a delicious topping!
Let’s begin with a fresh cut of sirloin. This recipe is yummy!
- 1 (5 ounces, organic) top sirloin, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1In a skillet, stir cook the chopped onions, then add butter. Turn heat to low. Set aside.
- 2In a nonstick hot skillet, seer the steak for about 2 minutes on each side. Then turn heat to medium and let cook covered to desired doneness. The photo shows a “medium well” steak.
- 3One or two minutes before steak is done, cut an opening in the center then pour the butter and onion sauce. Turn off the heat and keep covered for a minute or so. Serve warm with garlic bread and steamed broccoli.