Too tired to work in the kitchen today, or not enough time?
Here is a healthy dish that will fill your body with energy.
Salads are so flexible, you can get creative and add or change ingredients that indulge your taste buds.
This bowl I prepared for me today, was so refreshing and crispy green-perfect for a busy, summer day!
I used fresh lemon juice instead of vinegar for my dressing, but you can add the dressing of your choice.
- 1/4 head of Green Leaf Lettuce
- Juice of 1/2/ Lemon
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil (First Cold Press)-For dressing (May be substituted for favorite dressing)
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 2 oz. Bacon Pieces (Turkey Bacon recommended)
- 2 oz. Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 5-6 Crushed Walnuts
- 1Rinse Green Leaf and Cut in 1/2 inch strips (not too thin to keep crispiness)in a large serving bowl.
- 2Top with all ingredients suggested here.