Simple Sweet Potato Omelet
Looking for something easy to make after your workout? This recipe is good for any time of the day; it’s healthy, and delicious. You can shorten the prep time by having the sweet potato already steamed and stored in the fridge ahead of time!
Also, you may get creative using different kinds of tubes (roots) such as potato, yucca (cassava), name, etc.,
- Sweet Potato washed and cut up in 1.5 “ cubes (1 large or 2 small)
- Cooking oil (coconut, corn, or Canola)(1 tablespoon) & Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Sea Salt
- 2 eggs (beaten with a pinch of salt or favorite spice)
- Chopped onion (1/4 cup)
- Ham or Tofu (1/2 cup)
- Colorful Berries for Garnish
- 1Steam or Boil the Sweet Potato (25-30 minutes) then drain all water. Set aside on a plate. Remove the skin once cooled (if desired).
- 2On a skillet pour 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and sautéed the onion with the ham or tofu.
- 3Once the onion and ham are sautéed, pour the egg mix over it and cover with a lid for a few minutes in medium heat until the omelet is completely cooked (dry).