Foodies can name this delicious vegetarian recipe anything they like.
The main ingredient is a root vegetable called “name” which is very common in the Caribbean. It’s a versatile ingredient with a neutral flavor and soft texture. It is common in soups and with sea food, especially shrimp.
- 1 large name root ; cut in 1” cubes and Boiled
- 1/2 small Spanish onion sliced
- 1 tsp sofrito criollo
- Garlic powder and Celtic salt to taste
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper: sliced
- 2-3 tbsp canola or corn cooking oil
- 1In a medium saucepan boil the cut up name then set aside
- 2In a nonstick skillet, sautee the onion, pepper and sofrito in oil. Watching it so it doesn’t overcook. 5-8 minutes
- 3Last, add the name mixing with the sautee. Let it cook for another 5-8 minutes allowing all color and seasoning to blend in.