To tell you the truth, this was my first ceremonial cake and it was great. Very soft, easy on the throat and mouth watering. I am going to tell you how i made that.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Bitter cocoa
- Few drops of red food colour
- 1Pre heat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Add the baking powder, salt and bitter cocoa to the flour and sift together. With that on the side.
- 3Rub the baking pan with butter. Then powder it with flour to cover every corner of the pan.This is to prevent the cake from sticking into the pan
- 4Beat sugar and butter together till it becomes pale and lighter. At this stage it becomes fluffy.
- 5Break the eggs into another bowl and add to the mixture a little at a time. Beat until fluffy again.
- 6Now we can add in bits, the dry ingredient(Sifted flour, bitter cocoa,salt and baking powder). Mix at a very low speed to avoid splashing.
- 7Add the vanilla then add the milk. At this stage you add any food colour of your choice.
- 8With your spatula, mix everything well to achieve a uniform colour and texture.
- 9Pour the mixer into two separate pans and bake for 30mins. Also ten cupcake pans
- 10Cool it on a rack.
- 11In my next post i shall talk about how i made my butter icing and covered the cake.