We've been helping our friends move these past few weeks and with all the packing, unpacking and taking care a few kids you could only imagine that there really hasn't been too much time to sit down and eat. For the past oh I would say 2 weeks or so it's been nothing but pizza, chinese, and junk food pretty much anything that you could eat on the go, so I decided to was time to make something a little healthier!!
Now this quiche is nothing to laugh at it fill of green squash, eggs and cheese. I started by shredding my squash on a cheese grater placing them in some paper towels or a cheesecloth to drain out any liquid (zucchini tend to have a lot of water in them so by doing this you won't have to worry about having a soupy mess on your hands), I then place my eggs, cheese and seasonings in a medium bowl and stir until everything is combined, and then baked it for about 30 mins.
This dish is for breakfast, brunch or a side dish to your main meal for dinner. I hope you Enjoy!!
Note: I shredded my zucchini , but you can also cut it into slices if you prefer chunks instead. You can also add bacon, mushroom or a little sausage if you like.
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 large zucchini or summer squash
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk mozzarella, plus 10 diced up pieces
- 3 tbsp parmesan & romano cheese
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with some cooking oil.
- 2Add onion to a small saute pan and cook until tender.
- 3In the meanwhile shred zucchini and place in a cheesecloth or paper towel to drain out any excess liquid from the zucchini. Place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- 4Add, salt, pepper, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and onion to bowl mix with a fork to blend everything together.
- 5Sift flour and combine with your zucchini, add baking powder and eggs and blend until all of your ingredients are mixed together.
- 6Add mixture to your pie plate and spread out the 10 diced pieces of mozzarella over the top. Bake until toothpick comes out clean about 25 minutes.