This salad can be a garnish for meat or fish. It is a healthy and easy to cook. You can boil raw beet, but it is better to cook it in the oven to save the vitamins and minerals. Beet is ready, if you can easily pierce it with a knife. Place the salad in the refrigerator overnight, so its taste will be better.
- 300 g beets
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup prunes, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of sour cream
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 F / 180 C. Wrap the beets in the foil and cook in the oven for 60-90 minutes. Cooking time depends on size of the beets.
- 2Remove the foil, cool the beets and peel the skin off. Grate the beets on a grater with large holes. You can use a food processor with a nozzle float.
- 3Put the grated beets in a large bowl. Add chopped prunes, garlic, walnuts, sour cream and salt. Mix well.
- 4Cover the bowl and put the salad in the refrigerator overnight.