I really like quick summer recipes with vegetables, fruits and berries. Gazpacho is my favorite summer soup, because it contains lots vitamins and I cook it quickly. I add strawberries in gazpacho. This trick is for my children who like strawberries. I like the rough texture of gazpacho and I don’t remove the skins from the tomatoes and cucumbers. But if you like a smooth gazpacho, remove the skins from vegetables before you put them in a food processor. You can also add ½ cup of water or vegetable broth to get a more liquid consistency.
- 500 g strawberries
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 2 cucumbers
- ½ sweet pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1Wash the strawberries and remove the sepals. Puree the strawberries in a food processor. Transfer the strawberry puree in a large bowl.
- 2Cut into 4 pieces tomato, cucumbers and pepper, put them in a food processor and puree.
- 3Mix together the tomato and strawberry puree in a large bowl, add the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, mix well.
- 4Put a bowl with gazpacho in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Serve cold.