It's finally cookout season and in my family that means deviled eggs! I am a huge fan of these little babies, but traditional deviled eggs tend to be packed with mayonnaise. So I found myself looking for a healthier alternative. Enter the avocado.
Don't get me wrong, mayonnaise fits into the basic Keto guidelines, but it's a lot of calories with not a lot of nutrients.
Avocados are filled with healthy fats that are so good for your brain function. They also have more potassium than a banana, which is crucial on the Keto diet. They pack a healthy dose of fiber and the fat in them can help you absorb all the nutrients from other foods.
I was lucky enough to grab a perfectly ripe avocado. These basically taste like really good guacamole on an egg as opposed to the traditional tortilla chip.The eggs add extra protein and B12, making these deviled eggs a super healthy addition to your get together. Just try not to eat them all before you get there!
- 4 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
- 1/2 of a large avocado
- 2 tsp lime juice (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp finely chopped cilantro (I used a tablespoon because I love it)
- Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Optional paprika for garnish
- 1Remove the yolks from the hard boiled eggs and put them in a bowl. Set the whites to the side for later.
- 2Add the avocado amd remaining ingredients to the bowl and mash it all together with a fork until well combined.
- 3Scoop the mixture into the egg white halves with a spoon and sprinkle with paprika.