There is just something about fried foods. We all crave them and somehow they make everything ok again, even if just for a moment. The problem with most fried goodies is that they are far from healthy for you. So here is my take on fried zucchini with a low carb flare.
The difference in this recipe lies in using coconut flour instead of the usual all-purpose, and using coconut oil for frying instead of those highly process vegetable oils.
The coconut flour keeps this delicious squash low carb for those of us trying to keep it Keto friendly.
And yet you still get that crispy goodness that you get from traditional fried foods.
Serve with a side of ranch, or in my case siracha mayo, and you have an appetizer or snack that is sure to please everyone.
- 3 medium zucchini or 2 large
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup powdered Parmesan cheese
- coconut oil for frying
- 1Heat a 1/4 inch of oil in the bottom of a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Wash and slice the zucchini into thin rounds, about 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- 3Beat together the egg and water in a shallow bowl.
- 4Stir together the coconut flour and Parmesan in a second shallow bowl.
- 5Coat the zucchini in the egg and then dredge in the coconut mixture to coat
- 6Add a single layer of zucchini to the hot oil, being careful not to crowd the pan. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- 7Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with salt, if desired.