I recently embarked on a new adventure. I have decided to embrace a ketogenic lifestyle. If you are unfamiliar with the term it simply means eating in such a way that your body begins to run on fat instead of carbohydrates. During this process you eliminate your sugar intake. This has been a serious problem for me. You see, I live for sugar. That is one of the main reasons I gave this lifestyle a try. I want to beat my sugar demon.
That being said, sometimes we all must give in. So, in order to not destroy all of my hard earned progress I decided to give this rich, creamy fudge a try.
It's simple, quick, and will definitely give your sweet tooth a run for its money.
The original recipe calls for butter, cream cheese, vanilla, stevia, cocoa powder, and walnuts. I added to coconut for my own personal taste.
After mixing you simply pour it onto a pan and decorate. Make sure you line your pan. I skipped this step and quickly regretted it.
This fudge is as delicious as it is beautiful.
- 4.2 ounces of softened butter
- 4.2 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons of dark cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of stevia (or sweetener of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1.5 ounces of walnut pieces
- 1.5 ounces shredded unsweetened coconut (optional)
- 1Mix the butter and cream cheese until it is smooth.
- 2Add the cocoa, stevia, and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- 3Gently fold in the walnuts.
- 4Pour onto a lined dish or baking sheet. Garnish with walnuts and shredded coconut.
- 5Place in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 10 minutes to set.
- 6Slice and serve.