My maternal aunt gave me this dessert book she had won from a nestle condensed milk contest in the nineties. I have tried quiet a few recipes from this book but this one is quiet popular at my home.
Jelly slices consist mainly of three layers, base layer of digestive biscuits, second layer of panna cotta and top layer of jelly. Its quick and easy to make when you have guests coming over.
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 100g butter melted
- 100g Strawberry (any red color) jelly
- 200g Digestive biscuits
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1Crush the biscuits and mix with the butter. Press on any pyrex dish/ tin. Freeze for 20 mins.
- 2Dissolve gelatine in 1/2 cup of hot water. Add condensed milk and lemon juice.
- 3Pour the panna cotta (gelatine mixture ) on the biscuit layer and cool till it sets.
- 4Dissolve strawberry jelly as per packet instructions. Allow to cool and pour the jelly on top of the panna cotta.
- 5Freeze till set. Cut into pieces and serve. Enjoy!