One of those days you crave a quick snack and have to none at home and no flour too to make some, you have no choice but to think creative. Then came the idea to make cake out of SEMOVITA! See, "Semo" as popularly called is not only good with soup. You can make a quick cake out of one with little or stress and its delicious.
- 1/2 Cup of Milk (I used cooking milk)/Yoghurt
- 1/2 Cup Semolina (your staple Semovita)
- 2 Tablespoon Butter (I used unsalted so i could control my salt)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Sugar to Taste
- Salt to Taste (to balnce out the sweetness)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1Grease your baking pan with some butter and dust with some semolina then set aside.
- 2Mix butter and sugar in a bowl. Once thoroughly mixed, add your egg and mix.
- 3Afterwards your milk goes in. Mix through, then in goes your semolina.
- 4Mix through then add your vanilla, pinch of salt (to taste) and your baking powder and mix.
- 5The consistency should still be somewhat watery but beginning to thicken (not too thick). Add more milk if you have to so the cake can be moist in the end.
- 6Mix thoroughly and pour into your prepared baking pan (I used a muffin bowl) and set aside.
- 7Pre-heat your oven (I used a halogen oven and pre-heated it to 170 degrees for about 5mins before it went in)
- 8Bake for 25 mins with the cake on a lower rack so the bottom of the cake can bake and 5 mins with the cake on a high rack so the top can brown.
- 9Leave to cool before taking it out of the pan. There you have your Semolina 30mins cake. Unbelievably moist!