I happen to have a biological mother who loves to throw parties to her amigas and amigos while I was growing up and she had our private chef prepare and cook all viands she felt like serving for dinner. One of the dish I have always enjoyed is his Stuffed Prawns. He called it Prawns Thermidor I guess because he loves how it sounded? Funny!
I was still little and clueless in the kitchen but I have always been interested in how he operates. Until one day, I could already understand and finally asked how to make them because I would love to make them one day.
And so when I was living in Chicago, I thought I'd make them even if I was 8,000 miles away. There were times I stuffed them in their shells when I was serving guests but there were occasions when i just baked them in a small casserole and ate everything on my own with some garlic bread. That made a good crostini actually.
- 10 Large Shrimps or 5 Tiger Prawns
- 1 stick butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Relish
- 2 Cups Mayo
- 1/2 Cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2Rinse the shrimps or prawns properly and paper towel dry.
- 3Scoop out the shrimp meat out of their shells carefully making sure you don't break the shells.
- 4Get rid of the veins
- 5Roughly chop the shrimp/prawn meat. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Melt the butter in a skillet and cook the onions til they are translucent.
- 7Toss in the chopped shrimps and season they are cooked just right. Set aside to cool.
- 8Once cooled off, mix shrimps with mayo and relish. Season to taste.
- 9Scoop about a tablespoon of the mixture back to the shells and place them on an oven safe tray.
- 10Sprinkle some cheddar and mozzarella on top of each stuffed shrimps.
- 11Bake for 15 mins or until the cheeses melts.