Ceviche is one of the simplest seafood recipes to prepare. I know you’re probably thinking I’ve had way too much sun on vacation, but truly, ceviche can be simple, flavorful and delicious and a perfect summer starter.
- 450g fresh halibut or other firm white fish, cut in to 1.5cm pieces
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 serrano chili, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh raw corn kernels, shucked from 2 ears of corn
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 1Combine halibut, lime and lemon juice, serrano chili, and salt in a non-reactive pan. Mix well, making sure all the fish is covered with the juices.
- 2Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill, then add corn, onion, and cherry tomatoes and chill for at least another 1½ hours.
- 3Stir in cilantro and serve with tortilla chips.