Banana bread is one of my favourite cakes. It is easy to make, tastes delicious and always goes down a treat. This recipe is also delicious compared to the dry looking slices you see when waiting for your cafe in the morning.
- 300g flour
- 1 tbpsn baking powder
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 150g strawberries
- 3 bananas
- 100g butter
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4/ 180 C. Grease a loaf tin with butter.
- 2In a large mixing bowl add the sugar and butter and whisk using an electric hand whisk until the mixture is creamed together.
- 3Add the eggs and then mix again with the whisk. Pour in the vanilla extract and lemon juice and give it another quick whisk.
- 4Fold in the flour and baking powder and stir using a wooden spoon, Mix the mixture until it forms a thick cake batter.
- 5Add the bananas and strawberries to the batter and mix well so that everything is full combined.
- 6Pour into the cake tin and place in the oven for around 50 minutes or golden and well risen. Put a knife in the cake and if it comes out clear then it is ready.
- 7Leave to cool and then slice up and serve.