A delictable peanut butter cake layered with jam and served with fresh strawberries.
- ½ cup softened butter.
- ½ cup milk.
- ¾ cup white sugar.
- 2 large eggs.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence.
- A pinch of salt.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder.
- 1 ½ cup flour.
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter.
- 1 ½ cup natural peanut butter for the frosting.
- ½ cup confectioners sugar.
- 3 tablespoons milk.
- 1 jar of mixed berry jam – or any other flavor to your liking.
- Fresh strawberries to serve.
- 1In an electric mixer, add the butter, milk, sugar, eggs, essence, salt, baking powder, flour and 2 tablespoons peanut butter.
- 2Beat on high for 2 minutes, until all ingredients are incorporated.
- 3Transfer batter to a prepared cake tin and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 – 30 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- 4Leave to cool. In the meantime, add the peanut butter for the frosting, confectioners sugar and milk in a mixing bowl and mix with an electric hand mixer until incorporated and fluffy. Add more milk if you need to.
- 5Layer the cake, spread the first layer with frosting and jam, add the second layer of cake and top it with more frosting, jam and fresh strawberries.