This recipe fits right in with the autumnal weather at the moment making me crave comfort foods and hot drinks as if I’m about to hibernate. Ah, hibernation what an appealing thought… sleep through winter and wake up refreshed and hungry when the days are getting longer and the temperatures are on the rise.
- 10 Lady apples
- 1 cup yogurt (250ml)
- 1/2 cup sugar (100gr)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil (120ml)
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 cups regular flour (240gr)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Position a tray in the middle. Grease one 9-inch baking pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Place the pan on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- 2Peel, core and slice the apples very thin (a mandoline works great) and place them in a large bowl filled with water and lemon juice to prevent oxidation.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar and eggs until pale (takes about 2 minutes). Add the oil and lemon juice and mix until well blended. Add the flour mix, baking powder, cardamom and cinnamon and whisk about 50 strokes until the batter is smooth.
- 4Pour it into the prepared baking pan and position the apple slices (drained slightly) on top.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes free of raw batter.
- 5Enjoy and I hope you’re inspired!