Less saturated fat in baked goods means more room for healthier, plant-based fats that are full of flavor. Fewer store-bought & packaged baked treats means more freshness in your lunchbox, and less bags & plastic & preservatives. Less fancy baking ideas means no need to avoid it, so putting smiles in faces is nothing short of a pleasure.
- 2 – 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup thick yoghurt
- 3/4 milk
- 1.5 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1Heat the oven to 230 Celsius. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the olive oil, milk, yoghurt & grated cheese. Using a fork, or your hands, stir until just mixed. Careful to not over mix as it will make the biscuits tough.
- 2Next, turn the dough (it should be soft and pliable) onto a floured counter top or surface and gently knead 5 or 6 times, adding flour as necessary. Roll the dough with a rolling pin to a 1/2 inch thickness. Using a small drinking glass, cut the biscuits and arrange them on an un-oiled baking sheet. Place them close by to help them rise better (they like to be cozy).
- 3Bake for 10-11 minutes, until golden brown. Enjoy!