This chicken recipe is a combination of both sweet and savory with the peanut in it helping to elevate the flavors and aroma of this dish. It is finger-licking good and my family enjoyed every bite of it :) I hope you do too.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 1/2 tbs Honey
- 1 1/2 tbs ketchup
- 1 tbs peanut butter
- Spices to your liking (salt, pepper, curry powder)
- 1 tsp mince ginger and garlic (for the chicken)
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 3 big onions (chopped and sliced)
- 1 tsp mince ginger and garlic (for the onions)
- 1De-skin your chicken then cut it into pieces and wash thoroughly.
- 2Put all chicken pieces in one large bowl and add in all ingredients except for the onions then mix with your hands (make sure they are clean :) and then set aside to marinate for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- 3While the chicken is marinating heat some oil in a sauce pan and add in your sliced onions, cook under medium-low heat until they start to golden then add about a teaspoon of minced garlic and ginger. Then continue cooking until caramelized (they turn golden brown).
- 4At this point turn on your oven and let it preheat at 360'
- 5After onions have caramelized, add in your chicken with all its sauces and mix/cook together with the onions for about 10 mins on medium-high heat then turn off the stove. (during those 10 minutes if it gets dry and starts sticking to the pan add a little water and continue cooking)
- 6Pour all the contents of the pan in a large baking tin (make sure the chicken is evenly spread out on the tin) Add some water if it is dry but be careful not to put too much water, just a few tbs should be enough. Now put the tin in the oven and bake for about 30 - 40 minutes. Keep checking on the chicken and flip every after 10 - 15 minutes until done.
N.B: When it gets too dry you can add a little bit of water.
- 7Chicken is ready to serve, you can turn off the oven and leave the chicken there until ready to serve. I served mine along side some fries, salad and stir fry cabbage. Enjoy :)