It is no exaggeration when I say, this is the best chicken salad I have ever had. You had me at bacon, but throw in the chicken and mayo and I'm hooked.
This recipe is so simple, yet so full of flavor you will have to stop yourself from devouring all four servings in one sitting. I also love this recipe because it is completely customizable. If you don't like garlic leave it out. If you like it with some kick add Cajun seasoning. The possibilities are endless!
I chose to keep mine keto friendly and enjoyed it on a bed of spring mix with an olive oil and lemon juice drizzle. I like to add a little lemon juice for acidity to break up all the fat. My better half decided to have his as a sandwich. However you decide to eat it, I promise, this will be something you make time and time again.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 8 slices of sugar free, nitrate free bacon. (Add more bacon if you choose. I used 11 slices)
- 1/2 cup mayo of your choice (I used Just Mayo)
- 2 scallions thinly sliced (I prefer chives)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional, but I highly suggest it)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1Chop your bacon into bite size pieces. Brown the bacon in a large saute pan over medium heat until crisp.
- 2Remove the bacon from the pan, and set aside of. Paper towels to drain off the excess grease. Leave the rendered fat in the pan.
- 3Sprinkle your chicken breast with salt and pepper and put it in the pan with the bacon fat. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and reaches an internal temperature of at least °165 F.
- 4Once the chicken is thoroughly cooked transfer it from the pan to a large bowl, and place it in the fridge to cool. (To cut cooling time spread the chicken on a baking sheet and refrigerate)
- 5Once the chicken is cool roughly chop, or shred it into bite size pieces.
- 6Return the chicken to the bowl and toss it with bacon, scallions, mayo, and garlic. Mix until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste and try not to eat it all by yourself!