I have been completely obsessed with these decadent chocolate, almond butter fat bombs. They are sinfully delicious but without the guilt.
You can roll them in any topping of your choice. I chose to use only cocoa powder. You can also use peanut butter instead of almond butter if you wish.
These are a bit dangerous, in my opinion. They are healthy in moderation, but it is difficult to stop yourself at just one.
In fact I did eat nearly all of them in one sitting. (With my little ones help)
- Half a cup of almond butter
- Half a cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- One teaspoon Erythritol powder
- Half a cup of chopped hazelnuts (optional)
- 1Place the almond butter, coconut milk, Erythritol powder and two tablespoons of cocoa powder into a double boiler and stir until all ingredients are combined.
- 2Once fully mixed together, place the mixture into the refrigerator to set. It takes about half an hour. To speed up the process you can put it in the freezer, but make sure not to leave it too long or the mixture will be to frozen to work with.
- 3While the mixture is solidifying, sprinkle one plate with a dusting of cocoa powder, and another plate with chopped hazelnuts. (The hazelnuts are not pictured because I had non on hand)
- 4Take the mixture out of the fridge and roll into balls. Work quickly because the mixture will begin to melt.
- 5Roll half of the balls in the cocoa powder and the other half in the chopped hazelnuts.
- 6Store in the fridge, or freezer depending on your texture preference.