Dahi barey is one of asia's favorite snack. Dahi means yogurt and barey are mashed lentil pakoras. Bareys are placed in sweet yogurt, sprinkled with chaat masala and served.
This is how the bareys will look like after frying.
- 1/4 cup maash lentil
- 1/4 cup moong lentil
- 1 onion
- 1 green chiili
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tsp sugar or more acc to taste
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
- Oil to fry
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1Soak the lentils in water for 4 hours. Drain the water. Blend the lentils along with garlic, green chillies, salt and water till a smooth batter is formed.
- 2Add baking powder to the batter. Deep fry 1 tsp size of batter in medium hot oil. They will become round and golden. Keep aside the bareys so that they are no longer hot.
- 3Soak the bareys in water for 15 mins. Meanwhile, in a seperate bowl, mix together yogurt, milk and sugar.
- 4Gently squeeze the soaked bareys to drain the excess water. Place it in the yogurt mixture. Refrigerate for about an hour or more.
- 5Sprinkle chaat masala and serve. Enjoy!