Well I'm sure Indians will judge me on this one buuuuut I just have my own way of cooking this dish and it still tastes Devine!
- 2 onions
- 1/2 green pepper or Red pepper
- 1 Tbsp Biryani Mix
- 1 Tbsp Briyani Masala
- 1 Tbsp Mother-in-Law spice
- 2 1/2 cups of Rice
- 2 tsp Tumeric
- 5 potatoes
- 2 tsp Korma Spice Paste
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger and garlic paste
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 kg chicken drummets
- 1 cup Lentils
- Salt for tasting
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1Put the drummets in a bowl and marinade with the Korma Spice Paste. Cover and leave for about 15mins.
- 2In a pot, boil the rice and add 1tsp turmeric ( or more depending on how dark yellow you want the rice to be) and a little bit of salt. Cook until chewable or soft and leave aside.
- 3In a separate pot, heat the cooking oil and add the onions and peppers, fry until soft or light golden brown then add the briyani Masala, briyani mix, ginger and garlic and mother - in - law spices. Mix until it's perfectly blended with the onions and peppers and let it fry for about a minute. Now add the drummets, mix and leave it for about 3mins. Then add your potatoes (cut into 4 thick cubes each) and pour in the water. Mix and let it cook until the chicken looks white and is well done and the potatoes are soft. Be sure to close the pot with the lid during this process. If the water gets finished inside the curry...add some but not more than 2 cups, you don't want your curry to be watery and tasteless.
- 4In another seperate pot, boil the lentils for a good 30mins or until soft to chew and leave aside with the rice or simply add them to the rice and mix and leave aside.
- 5After all the ingredients have mixed together well and the chicken and potatoes are cooked, add the tomatoes and leave with the pot closed still but for about 10-12mins or till the tomatoes are well cooked. Now open the pot and let the curry cook for about 15mins just to get rid if the water if there is any left.
- 6Add salt for tasting, then add the curry to the rice and lentils and mix together, add salt to taste if tasteless and leave in the stove for about 15-20 mins at a low level.
- 7Now enjoy!