Gardening is one of my fun activities and stress buster. I can spend hours and hours in my small balcony garden. Mostly, I am flower/color loving person so, one will find lot of flowering plants along with colorful ornamental leafy plants. Also it gives me immense pleasure to grow few herbs for my kitchen. Those small seedling or tiny branch popping out from dark treasures underneath is very soothing for my eyes and soul. Just love to see them grow. Among few herbs I grow Peppermint or Pudina is one of my alltime favorite. The aroma and the nutrients it holds , always gives it a special space in my garden since last 10years.
We indians have wide use of Peppermint in many of our dishes owing to its same above mentioned qualities. Here ,I am now with peppermint flavored chicken for you all which is also one my families favorite weekend dish. This particular dish is just awesome with hot rice and naan /indian bread.
- Chicken...1kg, 2big onions, 7 to 8 big garlic cloves, big piece of ginger(3cm by 2cm),
- 4tablespoons oil ,1cup curd, handful of fresh peppermint leaves.
- 1big cinnamon stick ,5 to 6 cardamoms, 1bayleaf, 2teaspoons cumin powder, 1teaspoon chilli powder ,half teaspoon ,turmeric powder, 5 dried red chillies ,10 to 12 whole black pepper .
- 1Take 1kg chicken which are cut into big pieces. Clean and keep aside. Make a smooth paste of cinnamon stick,cardomom, ginger ,garlic , whole black pepper and dried red chillies. Chop onions finely.
- 2In a heated pan put oil and once the oil gets heated add bay leaf . Then add chopped onions and saute until golden brown. Next add spice paste and saute until oil oozes out. Keep the flame medium to low while cooking . Then add cumin powder, chilli powder ,turmeric powder and saute untill oil oozes out. Now add curd to the spices and cook untill oil oozes out.
- 3Next add chicken and mix properly with all spice. Cover the pan lid and let it cook for 5 mins. Remove the lid and stir it, add little water if spices get stuck on the the pan. Again cover it and cook for sometime. Repeat last two steps until the chicken become allmost tender. Then add chopped mint leaves and cook for some time untill the chicken is completely tender. Here is your mint flavored chicken ready with super delicious aroma of mint.