Pancakes don't make the world go 'round. Pancakes are what makes the ride worthwhile.- Frankfurterlin P. Jones
Rightly said, only thing that goes round here is the scoop on the griddle everything else is joy ride! This is one easy breakfast and spells comfort soulfully for a great start of the day! You can just whip it up in about 20 mins or in no time if the batter is prepped up the previous day. There are umpteen versions of enjoying a pancake, with variety options on topping combinations, from fruits, nuts to good old chocolate, syrups and jams. So here is a basic pancake batter recipe, with a luscious jammy caramelized banana sauce. You can replace bananas with apple or go for a combination of both together. I recon it's going to taste yumm with strawberry sauce too. Try with a cup of coffee and feel half battle won before stepping out of those PJ's or the door!
- All purpose flour- 1 1/2cup
- Sugar- 1 tbsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Baking powder-3 1/2 tsp
- Milk- 1 1/4 cups
- Melted butter- 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence- 1tsp
- Egg- 1
- For the caramalised Banana sauce:
- Butter- 2 tbsp
- Brown sugar- 1 cup
- Bananas- 4 cut into round slices
- Cinnamon powder- a pinch or more as per taste
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp(optional)
- 1In a mixing bowl add all the above ingredients and mix until incorporated. (you can use a electric hand beater to speed up and whip the batter to a smooth texture without lumps) Keep the batter aside.
- 2Now to prepare the caramelised banana sauce, take a wide sauce pan, add the butter, once the butter is almost melted, add in the brown sugar, spread out evenly. Let the sugar heat up do not mix, allow it to sweat out and begin melting. Once the brown sugar starts melting slightly swirl the pan and add banana slices(keep a handful aside for garnish).
- 3Once the banana slices are added gently toss and coat it with the sugar syrup. Slowly the sugary syrup will begin to turn saucy as the banana releases its juices. Add the cardamon powder and vanilla essence. Simmer till the sauce takes a jammy consistency, about 2-3 mins. Take off heat spread the remaining banana slices over the sauce and keep aside.
- 4Now going ahead to make the pancakes. Heat a pan, scoop a 1/4 cup of the batter onto the center and spread out gently to a sphere of about 4 inch diameter. Allow to cook, drop 1/2 tsp butter on the center once done, flip over to get a golden brown color on both sides. Serve hot pancakes with spoon full of banana sauce to go on top.