So it’s another Saturday night, nothing to do, and I turn on Telemundo TV to watch the Mexican version of “The Bachelor”. Only it’s not called “The Bachelor” on Mexican TV, it’s called “Pico de Gallo”.
Anyway, there’s Julio standing in front of twenty-five aesthetically pleasing senoritas. He sipped on a Vodka Martinez as he took in the scenery. Talk about Cinco de Mayo!
Finally Julio selects Juanita and she’s the Juan. They tried to interview Julio as we trying to start his Chevy and take off with his new la puta but he didn’t want to Taco about it.
Next time you tune into Telemundo TV try out this Latino take on pizza.
- Puff Pastry Squares
- 1 Egg, Beaten
- 2 Ripe Avocados, Cut in 1/2 inch squares
- Sea Salt/Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 16 Oz. Goat Cheese, Sliced in Rounds
- Mango Pico de Gallo
- 1/2 Cup Pepitas
- Mango Pico de Gallo, 6 Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 Mango, finely diced
- 1 Serrano Pepper, Diced
- 1 Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 2 Tbs. Blue Agave Nectar
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1Dust a 9x11 Baking Sheet with Corn Meal
- 2Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- 3Arrange Pastry sheets on pan, overlapping them
- 4Brush with egg wash and throw in the oven for 12 minutes
- 5Remove pastry and top with avocado slices leaving about 1/4 inch from the edges.
- 6Season and scatter goat cheese on the pizza.
- 7Top with Pico de Gallo and sprinkle Pepitas over the pizza.
- 8Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown