Ignite your savoury senses with this delectable yet healthy alternative to pasta. If you have not yet invested in a vegetable spiralizer, it is highly recommended. The healthy & delicious concoctions made with this tool are endless. This savoury recipe combines aromatic Italian flavors of zucinni, fresh tomatoes, basil, cheese and garlic.
- 5 medium to small zucinnis
- 3/4 container of small tomatoes or 5 medium cocktail/vine ripened
- 6 cloves of pressed garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1.5 - 2 cups of grated Asiago, Parmesan and / Romano cheese
- Treat your palate to a delicious vegetarian gluten free lasagna
- 1Initially, you will need to by spiralize the zucinni using the ribbon blade of the spiralizer. Compress the garlic with a press while slicing the tomatoes. Ensure that the cheese is shredded thin. Within a casserole dish, place a layer of the zucchini noodles at the bottom including half of the sliced tomatoes. Ensure that shredded garlic is blended into to vegetables. Next you will layer half of the grated cheese. Proceed by covering the cheese with another layer of zucinni, tomatoes and garlic, scatter the fresh basil into the dish. Finally top the dish while adding the remaining cheese. Bake covered at 350 degrees ferenheight for approximately 30 minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove the foil and sprinkle more cheese to the casserole and bake until it begins to brown.
- 2Bonapetit - enjoy with your favorite glass of red wine