This cumin and hazelnut roasted cauliflower dish is a great one for a warm summer evening and an alternative to your more ‘traditional’ Sunday roast. There is no need to have 4 or 5 pans on the go and the oven on for hours on end. You can serve this alongside a roast chicken. Alternatively I serve this with some grilled chicken breast or salmon.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 celery sticks
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 1 tbpsn cumin
- 1 tspn crushed coriander seeds
- Small bunch of fresh parsely
- Handful of hazelnut
- 1 tspn dried chilli flakes
- Black pepper
- 1You do not need to par-boil the cauliflower. Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5/ 180 degrees. In a large mixing bowl add all the ingredients and mix well so that everything is combined.
- 2Pour the mixture into a roasting dish and place in the oven for around 25 minutes, making sure to give it a good mix halfway through.
- 3Take out of the oven, transfer to a serving dish and garnish with a bit more parsley and black pepper if needed.