A mouthwatering yet simple recipe that consists of thin crepes with a star anise, vanilla and cinnamon nectarine reduction.
I promise that the addition of spiced, caramelized nectarines will make it a sure favourite.
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups of flour
- ½ cup cooking oil
- 2 cups, chopped nectarines
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water seeds from one vanilla pod a cinnamon stick
- 2 x whole star anise
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, water, lemon juice, baking powder, flour and oil.
- 2Mix with an electric hand mixer until combined. I use a normal whisk and I never get any lumps.
- 3Heat a nonstick pan and add ladles full of batter to the hot pan. Allow to cook until little bubbles form on top and the sides are easy liftable.
- 4Flip over and allow to cook on the other side.
- 5Meanwhile, combine the nectarines with sugar, water and spices in a small saucepan.
- 6Cook until reduced and caramelised.
- 7Serve the crepes hot with nectarines and their sweet syrup