An easy recipe for crusted lamb chops with fresh herbs and lemon.
The recipe is so simple and easy guys, I really hope you give it a go.
I did decide to dazzle these chops with a bit of mixed herbs, lemon and cheesy breadcrumbs – and boy, was it a hit!
So, to serve I made fluffy rice and simply took the baking tray with all the fattiness and crumbled bits of herbs and breadcrumbs after cooking time, added one stock sachet, a few tablespoons of water and whatever herbs were left… Guys, this was the most AMAZING gravy and I am happy to report that hubby totally approved! Have a good one!
- 4 - 6 lamb chops
- olive oil to rub salt and black pepper to season
- 2 x store bought cheese buns, sliced and toasted
- a handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- a handful of fresh mint, finely chopped
- a handful of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- zest from one lemon
- fresh herbs to garnish
- 1First off, heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Rub the lamb chops with olive oil, season with salt and black pepper and set aside.
- 3Blend the toasts (if you are using normal sliced bread, I’d say toast about three slices to blend with ½ cup of grated parmesan)
- 4Combine the breadcrumbs with finely chopped herbs and lemon zest.
- 5Dip and crumb the oily lamb chops and transfer to an oven safe baking tray.
- 6Bake for 40 minutes on 190 degrees Celsius until crispy.