An easy recipe of roasted vegetables with ginger and garlic infused coconut milk.
I had loads of vegetables in the fridge that I had to use up, and I decided to reduce my coconut milk by adding sauteed ginger and garlic to the pan while it simmered away. I was very pleased with the result and I hope you can try it out too.
- 2 cups chopped vegetables
- Olive oil to roast vegetables
- salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1Arrange the chopped vegetables in an oven safe baking tray.
- 2Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- 3Roast in the oven at 180 degrees Celcius until soft – about 40 minutes.
- 4In the meantime, in a saucepan add the butter and saute the garlic and ginger for a few minutes.
- 5Add the coconut milk and simmer for 30 minutes on medium – low heat, until reduced to your liking.
- 6Transfer coconut milk to a bowl and add roasted vegetables. Season.