A sweet and sticky slow cooked beef short rib recipe, served with butternut mash and peas.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 700 gr beef short rib, cut into smaller pieces
- extra oil to fry meat
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1 cup water
- salt and black pepper
- 2 cups chopped butternut, to cook for mash
- 2 tablespoons butter for mash
- peas to serve
- 1Heat the olive oil in a cast iron pot, saute onion and garlic. Add extra oil and brown the meat.
- 2In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the sauce (up to butternut) and mix through. Pour over the meat, add water, give it a good mix, cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours stirring every now and then.
- 3Boil the butternut until soft, drain, add butter and mash.
- 4Serve the ribs with butternut mash and peas. Serves two, with leftovers.