A family favourite, easy to do and can be adapted to be gluten free by using Coles Simply Gluten Free spaghetti. It has two serves of veggies (sneak more in if needed), is high in protein and fibre.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt
- chopped tomatoes
- Olive-oil spray
- 400g spaghetti, broken and cooked in boiling water
- ½ cup grated edam
- ½ cup shredded fresh parmesan
- 12 cups mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat oil in a large, deep non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Gently fry celery and carrots; cover and cook for 2–3 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for a further minute. Transfer vegetables to a plate; set aside.
- 2Reheat frying pan and cook mince in two batches. Break up with a wooden spoon and brown thoroughly. Add reserved vegetables. Pour in chopped tomatoes and bring bolognese sauce to the boil. Stir well and cook for 5–10 minutes, or until sauce starts to thicken.
- 3Spray a large ovenproof two-litre-capacity dish with oil. Add cooked pasta and top with hot bolognese sauce; sprinkle cheeses on top. Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and slightly golden. Serve baked bolognese with salad leaves.