This delicious and nutritious meal is so quick and easy to prepare. The chorizo adds a flavour kick, and the beans and rice together provide a complete protein. For a vegetarian version, simply omit the chorizo and replace it with 150 g sliced button mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large chorizo
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 red capsicum (pepper), seeded and diced
- 2 sweetcorn cobs, kernels removed
- 400 g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 370 g cooked brown rice
- 100 g kale, centre veins removed, leaves chopped
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and chorizo and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the chorizo is golden. Add the paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- 2Add the capsicum and corn kernels and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until almost tender. Add the beans and rice and cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Add the kale and cook, stirring, until just wilted.
- 3Serve with a wedge of lime and a dollop of yoghurt.